Your privacy is very important to Tamil Nadu Grama Bank (hereinafter referred as the Bank).
Hence the Bank is committed to the Privacy Promise for Customers, which is as under:
Who is covered under this Policy?
All natural persons, whose personal information is either collected/ received/ possessed/
stored/ dealt in/ handled by Tamil Nadu Grama Bank who uses the bank’s mobile application
(TNGB TREAT), who visit the site https://www.tamilnadugramabank.com/ and who provide
information to Tamil Nadu Grama Bank (“Bank”) online, are covered under this Policy.
Information Collection and Use
For a better experience, while using our Service, we may require you to provide us with
certain personally identifiable information. The information that we request will be retained by
The app does use third party services that may collect information used to identify you. This
Policy seeks to cover personal information provided to Tamil Nadu Grama Bank as also any
information collected by the bank server from the visitor’s browser/mobile application, which
covers all/any of the following:
1. Personal/private information of the Covered Persons
“Personal information” means any information that relates to a natural person, which, either
directly or indirectly, in combination with other information available or likely to be available
with a body corporate, is capable of identifying such person.
2. Sensitive personal data or information
“Sensitive personal data or information” of a person means such personal information which
consists of information relating to:-
-> financial information such as Bank account or credit card or debit card or other
payment instrument details
-> physical, physiological and mental health condition
-> Biometric information
-> medical records and history
-> Images including photographs, location, email id and address
Provided that, any information that is freely available or accessible in public domain or
furnished under the Right to Information Act, 2005 or any other law for the time being in
force shall not be regarded as sensitive personal data or information for these purposes.
Tamil Nadu Grama Bank’s Privacy Promise for Customers:
While information is the cornerstone of the Bank’s ability to provide superior service, Bank’s
most important asset is its customer’s trust. Keeping customer information secure and using
it only as the customers would want the Bank to, is a top priority for everyone in the Bank.
Here then, is the Bank’s promise to the customers:
1. The bank or its contractors may hold & process customer’s personal information on
computer or otherwise in connection with Mobile Banking (TNGB TREAT) services as well
as for statistical analysis and credit scoring.
2. The bank will safeguard, securely and confidentially, any information that the customers
share with the Bank. The bank will continue to maintain its tradition of not sharing the
transaction information in customers’ account with anyone except when required by law or
3. The bank will limit the collection and use of customer information to the minimum required
delivering effective service to the customers, to administer Bank’s business and to advise
customers about the Bank’s products, services and other safeguards.
4. The bank will give access to customer information to only those employees who are
authorized to handle the customer information. Employees who violate Bank’s Privacy
Promise will be subject to the Bank’s normal disciplinary process.
5. The bank will not reveal customer information to any external organization unless the
bank has previously informed the customer in disclosures or agreements have been
authorised by the customer or as required by the law and statutory authorities.
6. The bank will always maintain control over the confidentiality of the customer information.
The bank may, however, facilitate relevant offers from reputable companies for product
promotion jointly/tied up with the bank.
7. Whenever the bank hires other organizations to provide support services, the bank will
8. For purposes of credit reporting, verification and risk management, the bank may
exchange information about the customers with reputed and clearing house centres.
9. The bank will exercise due diligence about ensuring the accuracy of the information
10. Bank may record and monitor telebanking / mobile banking calls for security purposes.
11. TNGB TREAT application may contain links to external Govt. and private organizations
for facilitating customer transactions. While such links are provided for customer
convenience, customer should be aware that accessing such links is at their own risk since
the Bank cannot provide assurance as to the information handling practices of the linked
The bank will continuously assess to ensure that customer privacy is respected and will
conduct the business in a manner that fulfils the bank’s Promise.
Data Collection and Usage – Contact Lists
In order to provide you with our mobile bill recharge service for both prepaid and post-paid
accounts, we may collect and utilize your contact list. This collection and usage are done in
accordance with applicable data protection laws and regulations.
Why We Collect Contact Lists
We collect your contact list for the following purposes:
1. Contact Verification: To ensure the accuracy of mobile numbers for recharging, we
may cross-reference the mobile numbers in your contact list with the numbers you
wish to recharge.
2. Recharge Convenience: By accessing your contact list, we aim to simplify the
recharge process for you. You can easily select recipients from your contacts,
making it more convenient to recharge multiple mobile numbers.
3. Notification and Confirmation: We may use your contact list to send notifications and
confirmation messages related to the recharge transactions initiated through our app.
How We Use Contact Lists
1. Contact Matching: We may match mobile numbers in your contact list with the
numbers you provide for recharge purposes. This helps ensure that the recharge is
directed to the correct recipient.
2. Recharge Transactions: Your contact list data is used exclusively for initiating and
processing mobile bill recharge transactions based on your instructions.
3. Notifications: We may use contact list data to send notifications to both you and your
selected recipients to confirm successful recharge transactions, remind about
upcoming bill payments, and provide updates on recharge status.
Data Security and Privacy
We take data security and privacy seriously. Here are some measures we implement to
protect your contact list data:
– Encryption: Contact list data is transmitted and stored securely using encryption protocols
to prevent unauthorized access.
– Access Controls: Access to your contact list data is restricted to authorized personnel only,
and it is used solely for the purposes outlined in this policy.
– Data Retention: We retain contact list data only for as long as necessary to fulfil the
purposes mentioned above. Afterward, it is securely deleted.
We do not share your contact list data with third parties for marketing or promotional
purposes. However, we may share it with trusted third-party service providers strictly for the
purpose of processing recharge transactions and delivering related notifications.
of your contact list data as described herein. You can withdraw your consent at any time by
adjusting your device’s permissions or contacting us for assistance.
Do’s and Don’ts of Mobile Banking (TNGB TREAT)
-> Always download latest version of TNGB TREAT from Google Play Store / Apple App
Store only and not from any other webpages.
-> Please remember that bank would never ask you to verify your account information
through e-mail / Phone Call.
-> Update your device with latest anti-virus and anti-spyware software regularly.
-> Check your account statement regularly and ensure that it is correct in every aspect.
-> Report any erroneous entries to Bank immediately on observing any discrepancy.
-> Never download any unknown/suspicious apps which can permit remote access of
your mobile like AnyConnect.
-> Do not share your passwords, OTP, Card number, Expiry date, CVV & ATM PIN to
anyone including Bank officials.
-> Do not provide any information on a page which might have come up as a pop-up
-> Always remember that information like password/ PIN etc. are strictly confidential and
are not known even to employees/service personnel of the Bank. You should
therefore, never divulge such information even if asked for.